Monday, April 26, 2010

Bring on the Questions!

Someone who’s been reading my blog posts asked me a great question today that I’d like to share with everyone. This person commented that I seem very forgiving of my slip ups since I’m at my goal weight, but wondered how strict I was on myself when I was 15-20 pounds away from my goal weight. In the beginning, when I first decided to change my eating habits, I had to be very strict. To quote Albert Einstein, "The thinking that got you where you are today, won't take you where you want to go tomorrow." I couldn't continue to eat the way I was and expect to lose weight, so I pretty much cut out ALL bad food. I said NO to all the things I knew were holding me back including, dessert, dining out, office junk, big servings, high calorie and fattening foods, baking, etc. I also cut out my mindless and emotional eating especially when I wasn’t hungry. I had to learn to hold the power over food versus food holding the power over me. As I started losing weight, I slowly started reincorporating some of the foods I loved, but had cut out. Nevertheless, instead of eating them as often as I did, I ate them maybe once every 10 days and didn’t overdo it when I did. I learned to add back in the foods I missed, but also let go of the foods I could live without.

Another question this person asked me that I thought I’d comment on is that she noticed I don’t post how many fat grams are in my meals. This is because I know that my diet is mainly lowfat and the fats that I do eat are the heart-healthy monounsaturated fats in foods like peanut butter, avocado, almonds, olive oil, etc.

I just want you all to know that I welcome your comments, questions, concerns, ideas, suggestions, thoughts, etc. If you have something to say, please leave me a comment on my blog and I’ll address it. This blog is meant to help YOU the reader so bring on the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment