Monday, April 12, 2010

The Healthy Snack You’ll LOVE to Eat

Are you looking for a healthy snack that doesn’t taste like cardboard or artificial sweetener? Well, look no further because I have the perfect snack for you! I learned this one from my mom when I was a little girl.

Ingredients:
1 English muffin (try whole wheat)
½ cup of lowfat (1%) cottage cheese
4-6 strawberries sliced
1 tablespoon honey

Directions:
Toast an English muffin (I like the double fiber wheat ones by Thomas) and top each side with approximately ¼ cup of lowfat (1%) cottage cheese. Then, add sliced strawberries on top of that and finally drizzle it with a little honey. Each side of the muffin has approximately 150 calories, 10 grams of protein, and 4 grams of fiber (if using the double fiber English muffins).

This is a perfect midday snack or a great compliment to scrambled eggs or an omelet on the weekend instead of waffles or pancakes. Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment