Thursday, April 8, 2010

What's Your Real Age?

Back in college, I took a women’s health class. One of our assignments was to find out our ‘Real Age’ based on our lifestyles and then from that determine how we think we’d most likely die (sounds morbid, I know, but it was eye opening actually). When I took the test, I was 21 years old, but the test assessed my 'Real Age' was truly 25 years old based on my lifestyle. This year, on my 26th birthday I decided to retake the test to see if my efforts over the last five years had impacted my 'Real Age.' When I retook the test, it assessed that my 'Real Age' on my 26th birthday was actually 21 years old! I shaved five years off my life in five years! It’s great to know that although I am 26, I have the body and health of a 21 year old still! So what changed for me? I exercise more than I did at 21, I eat healthier and more well rounded, I drive slower, and I talk less on my cell phone when I'm driving - those changes really added up for me!

I encourage you all to go to http://www.realage.com/reg/regvar/st1.aspx?mod=LONGFORM and take the Real Age Test. What I like most about this test is that it looks beyond your physical activity level and eating habits. This test explores your family medical history, driving habits, personal relationships, and more, which all contribute to leading a healthy life. It is a great way to see what you’re doing right and what you can improve on. It also goes to show you that making real and lasting change really does make a difference beyond what you can see on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment