Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Great New Snack Find!

The next time you go grocery shopping, instead of picking up a 100-calorie snack pack of chips or cookies, which are processed and have no nutritional value pick up a 100-calorie snack pack of natural almonds! I used to shy away from eating too many nuts because, although they are loaded with protein and vitamin E, they are high in calories and fat. But, now that I've discovered these 100-calorie almond packs from Emerald, I eat almonds every day. Even though nuts have a lot of fat, remember that is the good kind of fat (monounsaturated fat) that will lower your cholesterol and help combat heart disease. Plus, protein is a great secret weapon because it keeps you feeling full, so eat up! Each pack has 100 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 4 grams of protein. This is a great mid-day snack! For more great information on why almonds rock, click here: http://www.realage.com/tips/almonds-give-me-some-skin

No comments:

Post a Comment